Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) Testing
Trying to lose weight?
Wanting to put on more muscle?
Or maybe you just want to maintain your current body composition...
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) testing shows how many calories your body burns at rest, giving you the data you need to plan a weight loss, weight gain, or weight maintenance plan designed to succeed. We provide our clients with the most accurate form of Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) testing. And it only takes 10 minutes!
Info For Clients Preparing For An RMR Test
1. Please arrive at your appointment prepared for the test. This includes not exercising before the test.
2. You should be fasting for 3-4 hours prior to your appointment.
3. Avoid stimulants such as caffeine or cold medication. Prescription medications should be taken according to schedule.
During The RMR Test
1. You will be invited to recline in a comfortable position.
2. A nose clip will be placed on your nose.
3. You will be given a MetaBreather mouthpiece to breathe into. You will be breathing in fresh air from the room or outside air. The gas that you breathe out will go through a tube into the metabolic analyzer to measure your metabolic rate.
4. Make a nice seal with your lips around the mouthpiece to ensure that all the air you exhale will be analyzed.
5. Relax. After about 10 minutes when the test is complete, the Fly Bodies operator will input your data into our system and email you your RMR results!